Thursday, September 2, 2010

In a DIV@S state of mind...

Hey ya'll!! Last night was our very first meeting as DIV@S, and it was nothing short of disorganized and delicious!! DIV@S is a small group for the young women in our church.  We are Darlings In Victory @ Salvation!! We took our name from several passages in Song of Solomon.  Song of Solomon says in chapter 2, verse 2, "like the lilies among the thorns, so is my darling(s) among the young women."  This is what we pray, to stand out among the young women for Him!!
Last night we talked about Transformation!!  On Sunday at the morning service, one of our DIV@S made the walk down the aisle and gave her life to Christ, once and for all.  That is definitely the ultimate transformation!!  Mary Anne read from Colossians, and discussed several things and the one that stuck out to me was about forgetting the past and letting God do what only He can do through us!! He can take our lives and make it something useful and beautiful!  This simple devotion led to some great conversations about our own insecurities and anxieties!!  I let everyone know the level of worry-wart that I am!! (I'm really not sure if anyone worries quite like me!!)  We also talked about how great prayer partners and prayer warriors are, and how desperately we need to rely on others!! Find someone who will pray with and for you!! Mary Anne also gave some great advice to new/never matured Christians to read the book of James as a guidebook for your Christian growth!!
I walked away from last night's meeting even more convinced that God has big plans for us not only through our missions but also through our meetings!! I reflected on my own experiences last night, and I was more motivated than ever seeing the love and support from my fellow DIV@S!! I cannot wait to see what and where God takes us.  "Rise up my darling(s)!!" (Song of Solomon 2:13) 

No comments:

Post a Comment