Monday, September 27, 2010

Baptismal Blessings!!

Yesterday's service started with a splash!!  We were blessed in witnessing four member's baptism!! Baptism is always so special because of what it represents.  It is such a blessing because we as believers are given the opportunity to praise our Saviour by literally following His lead.  Jesus was baptised in the Jordan River by John the Baptist, not because He was a sinner, but because He was our example! We need the Saviour because of our sins, so by the washing away of our sins, through the submersion in water, we are raised to walk in the newness of our life!  Baptism in no way saves us, but it is an outward response to the inner change that we experience.  I love seeing people get saved and then follow in Christ's footsteps.  I can remember when I was baptised! My husband actually baptised me! It was such a great memory.  I had been saved for several years, but I never understood the profoundness of baptism.  I was "sprinkled" in the Catholic church as an infant, so I thought that was enough.  The act of by adult baptism didn't save or "re-save" me, but what it did do, was show that I freely chose Him!  It was an act of obedience, and every time that we have a baptismal service at church, those memories from my baptism come back! I am so thankful that Christ saved my soul, and He is still working in and around my life!  These services are just one of the many reasons that I love my life as a pastor's wife!!

No comments:

Post a Comment