Saturday, March 3, 2012

FAMILY

Hi! I am Brittany Hensley, and I am the oldest of two daughters to Karl & Christy Vogelsberg. (Say that name ten times fast!) I am 27 years old, and I've been married to my wonderful husband, Joseph, for a little over six years now. Growing up I was a child who loved learning, laughing and a little bit prissy. My Disney role model was Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I am very proud to say that my dad served in the United States Air Force, and by the age of four, I had lived in four different states. (Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas, & South Dakota.) We decided to move back to Tennessee just before my 2nd grade year started, and we lived near my grandparents on their farm. On the farm we had cows, chickens, goats, sheep, ducks, dogs, cats, donkeys and horses at one time or another, and I'm sure I've missed a couple. (E-I-E-I-O) I went to Daniel Boone High School and our rival was Davy Crocket High School, where we played the annual Musket Bowl. If your school won three years in a row, your school earned a musket to display! I started college at the University of Tennessee, and I loved everything about college until I went home for summer break. I value the little things, and telling a boy that I loved him was one of them. Joseph Hensley is my first and only true love. Eighteen months later we got married in Chinquapin Grove, TN on January 7, 2006. In six years we have moved three times, lived in two states, been blessed with two amazing boys, and made countless friends.
Our Boys:
When I think of Stephen Karl, my first born, John 3:16 comes to mind. God gave His one and only son for sinners like me?! WOW!! I never knew I was missing something until I saw Stephen. He was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, and he was all mine!! Then 21 months later, I met Carson Joseph. Ah! I had never felt my heart grow until that moment when I held him after delivery. Needless to say I was wrapped because of those big, beautiful brown eyes. I have been blessed more that I have ever deserved. Recently my husband, a Southern Baptist pastor, preached a message from John 1, and verse 16 has just been stuck on my life. "Indeed we all have received grace after grace." The word picture is that God heaps piles of grace upon us and then heaps more grace on top of that. In my life, I can definitely see where that "grace after grace" has been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment